Wednesday 13 April 2011

Perfecting my frosting skills!

Hi everyone, have been practicing my cupcakes recently and bought some lovely cases from Hobbycraft - some pink gingham ones and polka dot brown ones :) I was bored and making a sponge yesterday so decided to use the leftover mix to make some cupcakes. I bought a new piping bag with a bigger star nozzle which is perfect for icing! I made some pink vanilla frosting and some chocolate fudge (the chocolate ones also have hidden craters of nutella :D)...



Think I am getting better now and I'd love to try and make a huge batch of them with lots of colourful frosting for someones birthday or any other occasion so if anyone wants cupcakes.....!!

Here is a quick picture of the sponge I made too....the cupcakes and sponge were made using my foolproof sponge recipe posted below :)




The sponge was filled with seived strawberry jam (I hate seeds!) and fresh double cream..yum yum :)

p.s....Tomorrow I am making a 21st birthday cake for a friend and I'm trying out some new chocolate decorations which will hopefully look great!! Keep your eyes peeled :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment