Sunday 3 April 2011

Chocolatey chocolate cakes!!

Haven't updated this in ages, but still been baking away! I recently made a massive chocolate cake for my Auntie's birthday. I'll put up the recipe up at some point but it was a bit of a mish mash of a few recipes. It had vegetable oil and sour cream instead of butter for a really moist texture. It was then topped with a chocolate fudge ganache. I then decorated it with white and milk chocolate shavings along the side, and some fancy chocolately swirls and chocolate truffles. Everyone loved it!! Great warmed slightly with double cream! nom nom....



I also made some chocolate cupcakes made using a general sponge recipe with some green and blacks cocoa powder. I then made a chocolate buttercream icing and finished with some malteasers!! These were made for a friend in work who covered one of my shifts :D I promised them to her! Hopefully she loved them, I had a try and they were scrummy...even though I'm not a huge fan of buttercream!




Et voila!! Enjoy :)x

No comments:

Post a Comment