Tuesday 15 February 2011

My Brownie Recipe

Hi everyone, thought I'd post another recipe. This time it's brownies...I made these a few weeks a go and took them into work (lucky colleagues getting all the yummies). The recipe is a bit of mix and match from all the ones I've used in the past and I find this makes them delicious! But don't overcook - brownies are supposed to be gooey!! You'll need:

250g butter (I use stork)
350g golden caster sugar
60g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
250g  dark chocolate (Tesco do an own brand good quality one that I use - 70% cocoa)
80g cocoa powder
large bar of galaxy and large bar of milkyway (cut into chunks) - this is optional by the way! Chocoholics only :D
4 large free range eggs
80g walnuts

Start by melting the butter and dark chocolate together, most recipes state using a bowl over a pan of boiling water, but I just use the microwave on a very low heat. It works just as well :) Pop the flour (sifted) and baking powder into a bowl with the sugar and add in the melted chocolate mix. Whisk the eggs and add them a bit at a time, whisking well. Once silky, add in the walnuts and chunks of chocolate.
Bake on gas mark 4 for about 25-30 mins. Use a square or rectangular tin lined with greaseproof paper. I'm not too particular with tins, if the sides are higher, bake for slightly longer. If the tin is quite large, you will have shallower brownies. That's why I like to use quite a deep one - massive brownies :D

I didn't take a picture of these though - apologies!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment