Thursday 10 February 2011

Giant Cupcakes

So I got a giant cupcake mould as a present and decided to try it out by making a Valentines cupcake! I've had lots of interest in these since posting them up on Facebook. It was quite difficult to get the timing right as there is no recipe with the mould and the sponge was slightly undercooked in the centre (still nommy though). I used my typical sponge recipe, but added some good quality cocoa powder (not really, it's Tesco stuff!)..but you should use good quality! This made it chocolately! yummm.

This is the one I have:

This is the one I want next:

Looks a bit better!!

Anyway here is the finished result:





Valentines cupcake! Decorated using standard vanilla buttercream coloured with a VERY small amount of red food colour to make a lovely pink! I basically shoveled it on with a spoon because I'm not good with piping bags. I think this looks better though, nice and rustic! Lots of Love Hearts were used to make the trim, and I stuck some around too. A little sprinkle of sugar bits and some non edible heart confetti to decorate the plate as well. It was really simple! Hoping to make some more for people who have requested one for valentines, so pictures will follow once they have been made!

No comments:

Post a Comment