Thursday 10 February 2011

Perfect sponge recipe

This is the recipe I always use, and my mum is always asking me to make this sponge cake for her to take into work for everyone!

You'll need:
350g plain flour
350g stork
350g caster sugar
6 eggs
5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk

First, cream together butter and sugar (make sure butter has been sat out for a while to make it easier if you don't have an electric whisk, which I don't!)
In a seperate bowl, whisk together the eggs.
Once the butter and sugar mixture is creamy and fluffy, add the eggs slowly, small amounts at a time. This bit takes ages because there's so much egg!!
add the vanilla extract
Sift in the flower. Do half first, fold in, then add the other half.
Add in the milk (if the mixture looks thick, add more milk)
Cook on gas mark 4 for about 30 mins

.....and it's done :D

I like to fill the sponge with raspberry jam and whipped cream!





ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment